Lowcountry Dog’s Annual Cover Model Contest
We hear it all the time...
"How do I get my dog on the cover of Lowcountry Dog Magazine?"
Well, here is how!
On March 30, 2019 at Palmetto Islands County Park we will be having our Annual Cover Model Contest! This contest takes place during PET FEST which is held by our friends at Charleston County Parks and Recreation. Lowcountry Dog Magazine has been a proud sponsor for many years and have shot portraits of thousands of dogs, all vying for a cover shoot for the magazine. This year is no different!
What does it take to be a winner?
(Dog's pay attention, this is for you)
1. The Look (either you got it, or you don't) Big or Small, Young or Old, Purebred or Mutt...It does not matter what kind of dog you are, any dog can have "The Look!"! So practice your best 'puppy dog eyes"!
2. Can you sit still for a picture? Sit. Stay. Adorable! We understand that there are a lot of commotion at Pet Fest which is why the images taken here will NOT be the final image for the cover. We just want to know that you and the camera are cool.
3. Show up! The contest is only for those who come to Pet Fest at Palmetto Islands County Park, we will begin shooting at 11:00 and shooting til 4:00. It is completely FREE to enter.
4. SHARE SHARE SHARE! After Pet Fest, our panel of judges pick the Top 20 out of all the contestants. This is really a hard thing to do because we typically have over 200 entries and not everyone can be a winner. If you are chosen to be a finalist, we post a gallery of the finalists for voting on social media and our website. The dog with the most votes, WINS!
5. Show off! The photos from the contest will be available for purchase through this year's Cover Contest photographers Stono Tides Photography. All the details will be given to you at the event. There is no obligation to purchase but we ask to please support our hard working photographer.