Berkeley County PAWS Adoptable Dogs
On today's Adoptable Dog Friday we are featuring 11 dogs in search of their forever homes from Berkeley County PAWS of Goose Creek, SC. They have adoption days the first Saturday of each month at PetsMart from 11AM - 4pm in the Azalea Shopping Center at I-26 and 17A Summerville. Their next adoption day on February 5th. Share this posting with your family and friends and encourage them to adopt, foster, or sponsor an animal in need!
- Geronimo is a German Shepherd mix that was 4 years old on January 1st. Poor Geronimo was hit by a car and and the police picked him up and brought him to the emergency room. Owners were located, but couldn't afford the treatment, so PAWS took him home to care for him. He sustained a crushed pelvis and will require 6 weeks of crate rest to heal. He is slightly heart worm positive, but BC PAWS will treat him for that. Heartworm treatment treatment complete and now HW free! UPDATE: Geronimo has healed just fine and now loves running and playing with the other dogs! Geronimo is crate trained, house trained, walks well on leash and would appreciate someone to love him and give him a forever home. A fenced in yard is a must.
- Izzy, the lil 6 1/2 yo Hound mix has seen his brothers and sisters getting great homes of their own and he still needs one. He says "I m a happy pup and love to walk and play am very curious of my surroundings. "I love to give affection to a friend for life". Winter is coming a he would like to snuggle up to you. Will you please give me a home forever? He is on heartworm - prevention, up to date on vaccinations, dewormed and defleaed and neutered and microchipped.
- Blossom is a beautiful, young black and tan walker hound. She smiles and wiggles when talked to. Lots of attention and a fenced in yard are a must.
- Dixie has been with us for about 4 years and is estimated to be 6 years old.She has the sweet lab personality and just wants to be your companion.She is good with other dogs and is currently housed outdoors in a large fenced yard with other companion dogs.She would adapt to being an indoors pet but needs to have a fenced yard to play in. She is up to date on vaccinations, is microchipped, on HEARTWORM prevention and flea control.
- My name is Bo. I am a 3 1/2 year old neutered male black lab mix. I need to find a loving forever home. My first family could no longer keep me. I have not been formally housebroken, but I learn very fast. I love to walk on the leash and I love to play with kids. I would like to have a place to run a little. I have had all my shots and I am very healthy. I even have a microchip that needs a permanent address. Please come to see me and take me home with you. Bo is a small Black Lab mix who is very energenic , playful and smart. He's very willing to learn things. He weighs around 50 lbs. It is suggested that he is taken to dog obedience classes. He bores easily and will resort to digging if he has nothing else to do. He's a dog that needs a job to keep him busy!
- My name is Bubba. I am a 5 year old Bull Terrier. My owner was recently killed in a tragic accident and I need a new home. I am neutered and up to date on all my shots. I am great with children. I have a 3 year old little brother. I love to play soccer, so I need a fenced yard I can run around in, but I am house broken and have always lived indoors. I am leashed trained and like to take walks. Right now I am very lonely and need the love of a new family that has the time to take care of me.
- Hogan is a black and white pointer mix. He is neutered and house trained. He is around 5 to 6 years old and weighs about 50 pounds. Hogan is very active and loves to run. He does well with children and other dogs, and he would be very happy in a home without cats. Please consider adopting Hogan into your family today.
- Chip is a 3 year old Pointer mix neutered male and is up-to-date with routine shots. Enjoys being with other dogs, plays with his rope toy and walks well on a leash. He would appreciate someone to love him and give him a forever home. Currently he is in foster care. I am very affectionate and quick to learn. I enjoy and get along great with other dogs, currently with a lab and Sheppard mix. I love to play with my rope toy and walk well on a leash. Having fenced in yard is a must. I would appreciate someone to love and give me a forever home. This sweetie pie is UTD on all his shots, HW negative and Microchipped.
- Remember the song "I'm on the Road again"? Well, that's my situation! I need a permanent home where some one will love me the rest of my life. I certainly will give that love and devotion back to you. Here's my story (see below under Camy's description)
- Hello my name is Dolly, I am a 7 year old terrier female spayed, up to date on all shots, heartworm free and want to be with a great family. My story is simple; I was rescued then went foster care. My hobbies are somewhat typical; I like to play, run, and ride in cars. I like hugs and kisses both giving and receiving. I have lived with big dogs and little dogs; currently share a kennel outside with a big old hound dog named Gracie. I am very loving, playful and great with adults children and other pets. Some would say I am cute. Being trained to use a leash I love to go on walks, ride in the car, and am willing to try the beach. I would really like to get a family to adopt me soon, of course a fenced in yard is a must.
- Camy and Delilah are delightful and spirited dogs despite a ruff (rough) beginning. They are mother and daughter. Camy was not spayed and had her first litter; the owners did not want the bother of raising a mother let alone the pups soon to be born. So they found someone willing to take Camy in and care for her and the soon to be pups. Shortly after giving birth, all the puppies were found homes except Delilah. The new family decided they could not care for Camy and Delilah and searched for a new home. They found a new foster family to raise both Camy and Delilah, this did not last long and the foster family were looking for a solution to care for these wonderful dogs. Yes, you guessed right, BCPAWS was contacted. We had the ability to care for them and the means to hopefully find a great permanent home. They were seen by the Vet and given a clean bill of health, including the news of being heartworm negative. Immediately both were scheduled for spaying. At the time of their spay each had microchips inserted. Currently Camy, the mother a mixed 5 1/2 year old terrier about 45 pounds and Delilah, the daughter also a mix 3 1/2years old about 35 pounds are living together and enjoy the many toys and shelter. They walk well on a leash and currently follow simple commands their foster mom has taught them. What they are looking for is a forever home, fenced yard . and someone to care for them in return they will give unconditional love.