Dog Parks In Charleston : Charleston Dog Parks
Where Are The Great Charleston Dog Parks?
Charleston dog parks are an integral part of raising a happy, balanced dog, and dog-friendly outdoor spaces promote a strong sense of community amongst the Lowcountry’s dog owners. Dog parks provide an opportunity for your pooch to get his or her exercise while offering a social environment for you and your dog alike! Experts say that dog socialization is crucial in raising your pet to be friendly towards other animals and people. A dog that has not been exposed to other friends could become anxious, anti-social and aggressive when approached by new people and animals, or exposed to new things. In contrast, an exercised, tired dog is a happy dog who is less destructive, calmer and able to focus on training! We are fortunate to have so many dog parks to choose from here in Lowcountry.
Browse through the links below and check out our video above of some of Charleston’s best dog parks that you and your friend are sure to enjoy! If you’re just looking for a way to get out and see beautiful Charleston with your pet, we’ve also gathered a list of spots that are friendly to dogs on leashes.
Private, Membership Based Dog Parks
- Sky Dogs Family Dog Park 10461 Hwy 78 Summerville, SC 29456
Off-Leash City and County Dog Parks
- Folly Beach Bark Park 513 East Hudson Avenue
- James Island County Park 871 Riverland Drive
- Wannamaker County Park
- Palmetto Islands County Park in Mount Pleasant 444Needlerush Parkway
- Park West Dog Park in Mt. Pleasant 1251 Parkwest Blvd
- Riverfront Park in North Charleston 1360 Truxtan Ave.
- Hampton Park Bark Park Downtown Charleston 122 Grove Street ( address is approximate)
- Hazel Parker Dog Run Downtown 70 East Bay Street
- Ackerman Dog Park in West Ashley Sycamore Avenue behind Ryan's Steakhouse
- Isle of Palms Bark Park 29th Avenue behind the Rec Center
- Mixon Dog Park in North Charleston Website w/ directions to the community from local areas
- Wassamassaw Park in Summerville 651 Wassamassaw Rd., off Highway 78.
- Bees Landing Recreation Area 1580 Ashley Gardens Blvd.
On-Leash Outdoor Areas
- Daniel Island Park Map of Daniel Island
- Waterfront Park Downtown Charleston 34 Prioleau St.
- Marion Square Downtown Charleston Meeting St
- Charleston Towne Landing West Ashley 1500 Old Towne Road
- Colonial Lake Downtown Charleston Rutledge Ave
- Folly Beach County Park 1100 W Ashley Ave, Folly Beach
- Fort Moltrie Sullivans Island
- Isle of Palms County Park 1 14th Ave, Isle of Palms
- Johns Island Park 1770 Bozo Ln
- Magnolia Plantation 3550 Ashley River Road
- North Charleston Park Circle Map to Park Circle
- Sunrise Park James Island Map to Sunrise Park
- West Ashley Greenway 836 Magnolia
- West Ashley Park Map to West Ashley Park
- White Pointe Gardens and Battery Downtown Charleston Murray Blvd.